What is veterans day 10k?
This veterans day will show you the good 10k parades whole day. The 3rd annual Veterans Day 5K/10K/Half Marathon Run/Walk, cross country style race is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to spend Veteran’s Day at the beautiful Sandelie Golf Course. This exciting Run/Walk offers participants the unique opportunity to run the entire golf course. Run or walk among the trees, green grass, military vehicles and American flags. Be prepared for a soft running surface. More importantly, $10 of every registration will support the renovation of the Brigadier General James B. Thackeray Oregon Military Museum of Camp Withycombe. Exciting plans are underway to renovate, and reopen, the Museum, which will honor the service, commitment, and history made by Oregon’s service men and women. Join us for Veterans Day weekend, 2016! There are many kinds of races that can be gathered for walking and running. Join these types of veterans day 10 k so that things can be highly appreciated. Exciting prizes also offers to people and they love to win it.
Veterans day 10 courses
Join us to honor our nation’s veterans at the Veterans Day 10K and Tidal Basin Fun Walk in Washington, DC. A flat and fast course, located in the shadow of several of our nation’s war memorials, makes this a 10K to not be missed.
We are sharing the veterans day 10k courses, events with you so that everything can be join on this day.
List of events of 10k
Join us for the 2016 Veterans Day 5K 10K at Southport Beach House in Kenosha Saturday Nov 12th, and you might just earn one of our famous championship belts on this flat and fast course along scenic Lake Michigan. All proceeds will be donated to Team Red White and Blue.
Event details and schedule
THIS EVENT WILL BE CAPPED AT 1000 PARTICIPANTS. DO NOT DELAY IN SIGNING UP.
- This event will be chip timed.
- Only the first 500 registered will receive an event shirt!
- Course Marshalls will be present at every major intersection for direction.
- Walk or Run the 5K event. Runners only please for the 10K event.
- Packet pickup available at the Southport Beach House Friday Nov 11th 5pm to 8pm, and day of the event at the Southport Beach House Nov 12th beginning at 6:30am.
- Race day registration will be available in the event there are available spots.
- Strollers and Dogs are welcome but will be REQUIRED to start the event in the rear of the crowd.
- This race (5K walk,5K run,10K run) will begin promptly at 8:00 AM.
- Participants cannot sign up for more than one event.
- All proceeds will be donated to Team Red White and Blue.
- There will be a custom challenge coin for 100% of participants.
- Overall Male and Female winner for the 5K and 10K will be awarded a custom championship belt.
- Additionally custom age group awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each age group for all Runners 5K and 10K races. **10 & Under, 11-14,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- This could be assumed that the veterans day have better impact on the people who are serving the country
Rewards for veterans day 10k
Runners and walkers are in the same price designation. Come awards time whether you walk or run the 5K medals are given according to the first 3 across the finish line in each age group.
There is another event that will take place. Here it is:
This event honors the memory of Matt Hupp, a passionate athlete who lost his battle with Burkitt’s Lymphoma at the age of 13. All proceeds benefit the 12 Oaks Foundation, providing funding to keep kids involved in sports and community activities when their family is faced with financial hardship due to cancer treatment.
Don’t miss out on this fun Family event!
Join us for the 7th annual Matt’s Mile and 5k run plus a new addition, the 10k. A beautiful run on the trails through Prairie Crossing.
Kid’s Mile begins at 5:00pm, 10k begins at 5:20pm and 5k at 5:30pm. Location is 960 Harris Road Grayslake, IL 60030. Parking available across the street in the Prairie Crossing Metra Station.
All race entries include entrance to the after party – food, beverage and music!
You people have to wish the veterans on this veterans day 2k16
How to register:
Registration will be limited to 750 runners.
Mile (13 and under): $25
10k and 5k: $35
Event Only $15
- Family of up to 4
- Family of 5
- Family of 6
- Family of 7
For family registrations over $140, contact administrator for family discount code.
Day of race registration accepted (with $5 up charge per event), but will close promptly at 4:45pm.
All registered participants will receive a food and drink ticket for the evening. Dinner provided from 6:00-7:45pm. Drinks available until 9:00pm. Extra tickets will be sold for beverages.
Awards ceremony will be held at approximately 7:00pm.
All runners who beat Matt’s time will be entered into a special raffle. Times to beat are:
1 mile time: 6;13
5k time: 21:27
What will be the start line for veterans day 2016
The 2016 Veterans Day Run/Walk starts and finishes at Sandelie Golf Course in West Linn, OR. Parking will be available at just a short distance away.
Address: 27474 SW Mountain Rd.
Directions from I205:
- Take the Stafford Rd. exit.
- Take a left turn onto SW Mountain Rd.
- Follow SW Mountain Rd, look for HTC Parking signs, until the destination is on your right.
Parking will be in a large field about .5 miles from the Veterans Day Start Line. Be cautious when parking, it will be muddy!!! We will place signs out along SW Mountain Rd helping direct participants to the parking lot as well as volunteers at the mouth of the parking lot, directing you in. Please be careful when traveling down SW Mountain Rd., some participants will choose to walk instead using the shuttle. If you chose not to use the shuttle, be careful walking to the Start Line as the shoulders are narrow.
No dogs or strollers are allowed on course!
- Long-Sleeved Tech T-Shirt
- Finisher’s Dog Tag
- Coffee by Carr Auto Group
- Music and Post-Race Party
- Full Sail Beer (ID Required)
- Barefoot Wine & Bubbly (ID Required)
- Hot Cider
- Hot Soup
Starting at Colfax & Bannock and ending at Civic Center Park, come salute our local heroes and show your pride and patriotism. Denver’s parade presents wars from throughout our Nation’s history. Join local Veterans organizations and supporters immediately following the Parade at Civic Center Park. This family-friendly event offers FREE admission, a music stage, kids & family activities, military displays, tons of vendors, and a wide variety of food. Start the day off at 8 AM with the memorial 5K & 10K fun run–open to runners, joggers, walkers, kids of all ages, and dogs are always welcome.